Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Provocation

First, a confession. Although I've been active in Second Life for a few months now, I still feel like an outsider. I've made some friends and spent some time "in-world," as they say, I haven't been able to shake the feeling I don't belong. Mainly, I don't understand how things work. I've made some friends—I'm constantly peppering them with questions and they've been wonderfully patient with me. But when I attend events everyone else knows each other…and I'm the stranger, knowing almost no one. My little cartoon self stands (or sits) off to one side, tries to stay out of the way, minds her Ps and Qs, listens, and usually keeps her mouth shut.

Lou the trivia master
Which is why this screengrab from Chaddington Boomhauer tickled me so much. It was my first indication anyone in SL outside my tiny immediate circle had even noticed me. So, Chad, this blog is kind your fault. I assume no responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>. If you'd like to contact me privately, use a blog comment and say you don't want it published.